LVCC tutors bring optimism, enthusiasm, positive energy, and new opportunities for students that make profound changes in their lives by learning English.
- No previous teaching experience is required
- Must be a high school graduate
- No need to speak a foreign language – just English
- Must pass a background check
- A one-time fee of $30 to cover cost of books and materials required
HOW IT WORKS
- Tutors receive ESOL training to teach English to non-native speakers
- Tutors are matched with a student or group of students
- Students and tutors meet in a public location once or twice a week for an hour at mutually convenient times
CHOOSE FROM TWO PROGRAMS
You can even do both if you have the time!