ENROLL TODAY for LVCC’s Citizenship Class
6 Week Course*
Becoming a U.S. citizen is a dream for many. At Literacy Volunteers of Collier County, we are helping students and non-students prepare for the citizenship test from beginning to end.
To apply, individuals must have:
- Proficient skills required in
- Familiarity with the naturalization process by reading:
This course prepares eligible permanent residents to successfully complete the process of becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen. Taught by ProLiteracy certified tutors, the course has three main parts:
- Naturalization Pre-Interview
- Naturalization Interview AND the Civics, Speaking, Reading, and Writing components of the Test
- Naturalization Post-Interview
It is recommended that students be at least in the High Beginning ESOL level. Students are not required to take a state-approved standardized assessment once they are enrolled, as progression is measured by completing the course competencies.
Instruction is provided in classroom settings. Instructors and students use materials provided by the U.S. Office of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the following website: http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship